What You Need
- 60 ml Tanqueray no.10
- 22.5 ml Homemade Kaffir Lime Cordial
- 2 Dashes Viola Bittertruction
1. Mix the Cocktail: Combine the ingredients into a chilled mixing glass and fill with big ice cubes. Stir around 15 – 20 seconds until your mixing glass starts frosting to achieve your dilution required.
2. Fine Strain the Cocktail: Fine strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe.
3. Garnish the Cocktail: Squeeze lime oils on top and discard the peel, add an edible violet as a garnish.
Homemade Kaffir Lime Cordial;
10 Kaffir lime leafs
125 ml Fresh lime juice
500 gr Caster sugar
400 gr Water
Instructions of preparation:
Bring the sugar, water and lime leaves to a rolling boil in a medium-sized saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to medium and boil gently for about 7-8 minutes, until the syrup smells intensely of lime leaves. Add the lime juice and simmer gently until the liquid begins to thicken, about another 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Strain the syrup into a clean glass bottle, discarding the lime leaves. Cover and refrigerate; like this the syrup will keep for a month.