What You Need
- 45 ml Suntory Kakubin ( Japanese Whiskey, a blended whisky notes; honey, citrus peels, peppercorn and cinnamon )
- 20 ml Midori Melon Liquer
- 10 ml Yuzu Juice
- 5 ml Sugar Cane Syrup (2.1)
- 1 Dash Egg White
- 1 Dash Angostura Orange Bitter Instructions
1. Mix the Cocktail: Combine the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and fill with big ice cubes. I preferably use 2 big ice cubes for shaking anything with egg white hence its allowing me to have a more control on the dilution. Shake for 10 seconds to chill, aerate and dilute the cocktail. When using egg whites I personally prefer to “reverse dry shake” meaning to dry shake ( without ice ) after you shake with ice in this manner you will create a richer foam on top, when you dry shake at the beginning and after add ice your foam will reduce in contact with ice.
2. Fine Strain the Cocktail: Fine strain the cocktail into a double rocks glass over ice.
3. Garnish the Cocktail: Squeeze orange oils on top and discard the peel, add an edible violet as a garnish.