What You Need
• 45ml – Don Julio Reposado Tequila
• 22.5ml – Homemade Lime Shrub
• 15ml – G.E. Massenez Ginger Liquor
• 15ml – Fresh Lime Juice
• 60ml – Aloe Vera Juice
1. Mix the Cocktail: Combine the ingredients into a cocktail shaker and fill with big ice cubes. Shake for 10 seconds to chill, aerate and dilute the cocktail.
2. Fine Strain the Cocktail: Fine strain the cocktail into a chilled collins glass over cube ice.
3. Garnish the Cocktail: Squeeze lime oils on top and discard the peel, add a spring of rosemary as a garnish.
Homemade Lime Shrub
- 500 grams of castor sugar
- 500 grams left over limes fruits after squeezing.
- 200 ml fresh lime juice.
- 300 ml rice vinegar ( you can use all kinds of vinegars, I personally prefer the rice one since it doesn’t bring more extra fruits note so I can extract only the flavor that I prefer).
Add into a airtight jar the first three ingredients and let it rest for 72 hours in a dry dark place shaking everyday to emulsify the ingredients together. Add the rice vinegar and let sit again for 72 hours. Strain into a bottle through coffee filter to remove all the fruit pulp and store it in the fridge up to 3 months.